Friday, June 24, 2011

NURSE!

Well, I still can't really believe it, but I passed the NCLEX exam and I am now officially an RN! Here are some of my feelings on the exam:

1. WAAAAY too long (265 questions for me while tons of people only get 75! Not fair. It was depressing sitting in the testing center and seeing everyone leave after an hour and I was still in there for 4 and 1/2 more hours!! AHH I was miserable!)

2. SOOOOOO hard. I really did believe others when they said it was going to be hard, but I didn't think it would be worse than the HESI. It was. (to me). All the questions were all about prioritizing and analyzing and crazy drugs I had never heard of. YUCK. Sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

3. They need to be quicker on results. I thought I was going to have a heart attack, stroke, anxiety attack, panic attack, all of thee above while I was waiting. I feel bad because everyone around me felt bad for me because they could feel how stressed I was and it make them worried. I need to shout out to my mom. She took me out to eat and shop after and I was like a zombie. She's so great.

4. Now something good about it.... well nothing except for the fact that I am now an RN and will be able to get a job and earn more money!!

4 comments:

  1. Rachel I'm so proud of you! What a great accomplishment. You rock girl! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel! I totally feel for you...i have my boards this december. Our dental hygiene written exam is 6 hours long...350 questions! Then we have 5 more exams :) I feel your pain! So happy for you that you are done and now earning the big bucks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel I had all 265 questions too!! It is so rough!! Good job! Now you will never have to take that dumb test again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so cute! I'm glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete